[personal profile] hollyking

[livejournal.com profile] hollyqueen and I just got back from dropping [livejournal.com profile] ragnorokt off at the airport for his flight home. Now I'm just going to collapse and not drive anything for a good long time. Oy, so much driving and stuff last week. Here's a quick update of all that we did:

Friday: Picked [livejournal.com profile] ragnorokt up at the airport then drove to Vancouver, BC for the weekend.

Saturday: Rode the tram of death up to the top of Grouse Mountain. Took some pictures, looked at views and watched wildlife.

Then we went by the Vancouver Aquarium but we couldn't find parking, so instead we drove around the shoreline and took more pictures.

Sunday: Got up, packed, went back to the Vancouver Aquarium. Much better luck with parking this time. Took pictures, watched fishes and mammals swim. Started the drive back to Seattle. One hour wait at the crossing but made it across after having to take off my sunglasses.

Monday: Off to Pike Place Market for lots of pictures, eating and browsing. Walked down to the waterfront to see some sights. Then drove around to Alki Point to take pictures of Seattle. Stopped at Luna Park Cafe for a couple of malts then picked [livejournal.com profile] cheesentoast up from work before heading home for a nice bowl of stew cooked by the wonderful [livejournal.com profile] hollyqueen.

Tuesday: Drove to Mount Rainier and slowly started making our way to Paradise while stopping to take pictures along the way. Then we headed around the loop to Sunrise but found that the road was closed which added a nice three hour extension to our trip. Took more pictures at Sunrise. Then drove home to flop into bed.

Wednesday: Holiday crowds didn't interest [livejournal.com profile] ragnorokt so we spent a quiet day home watching movies and The Venture Bros. Ended the night by watching the fireworks on TV.

Thursday: Started out by driving down to Tacoma to visit the Museum of Glass. Then headed to Portland for a visit to Powell's City of Books. Decided since we were in Portland we should pick up some of [livejournal.com profile] hollyqueen's favorite soup that's made by a local there. Being so close to [livejournal.com profile] qt3_14159 we picked her up from work and had a drink as we visited for a few minutes. On our way to the Kennedy School for dinner and some nice beer an accident closed I-5 so we ended up driving way out of our way to get there. We finally made it to Powell's after dinner and had a good three hours to browse before heading home to collapse into bed at 2am.

Friday: Took the Argosy Locks Cruise to take pictures and see some of the sights. Then we went home to pick up [livejournal.com profile] hollyqueen and [livejournal.com profile] cheesentoast to gorge on sushi at Sushi-Ten in Bellevue. Dropped the girls off at home then [livejournal.com profile] ragnorokt and I drove over to Alki Point to take more pictures of Seattle at sunset and the city lights after dark. Got done way too late to have another malt since Luna Park Cave had already closed.

Saturday: Drove down to Olympia to take US 101 around the Olympic National Park. Lunch took a very long time because the little restaurant we stopped at was totally unprepared for the crowd that decided they looked good. Great food though. After lunch it was up to Hurricane Ridge to take more pictures. Because of the long lunch we were running behind and starting to get concerned about hitting the other two spots we wanted while we had sunlight. We decided to press on so I pushed it a bit as we drove to the Hoh Rainforest. Took pictures as we walked around a short path. [livejournal.com profile] hollyqueen and I decided to go back when we would have more time to explore. Then it was off to Ruby Beach. I was really pushing it because we were losing against the sunset, but we made it in time. Only to find out that those clouds we saw in the distance were over the Pacific so we got to watch a grey and misty sunset. It was ok by me because [livejournal.com profile] ragnorokt got to experience some real Washington weather. After the beach we had a choice. Do we continue the loop or do we turn back and try to catch a ferry to shorten our trip. Since we had all been in the car for twelve hours we decided to shoot for the ferry. We didn't make it, but we did take the Tacoma Narrows bridge and shave off a little time. Finally back home and crashed into bed at about 3am. I'm so damn tired.

So now he's gone and I think he had a good time. We hit all the important things on his list that he wanted to accomplish and I tossed in a few surprises that he seemed to enjoy.

If anything happened last week I didn't read it. Hell I have only culled my email of the obvious junk and now I'll have to start going through it to answer everyone. I wish I had a few more days to rest but it's back to work and the real world tomorrow.

Anonymous( )Anonymous This account has disabled anonymous posting.
OpenID( )OpenID You can comment on this post while signed in with an account from many other sites, once you have confirmed your email address. Sign in using OpenID.
Account name:
If you don't have an account you can create one now.
HTML doesn't work in the subject.


Notice: This account is set to log the IP addresses of everyone who comments.
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.



March 2013

1011 1213141516

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 17th, 2017 11:22 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios